Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Bring on the Bling!

It's a rainy, gray day today and I need some light, so Bring on the Bling!

Two of my favorite products are Graphic 45 papers and Creative Impressions Embellishments!  I love purple and other jewel tones, so I automatically loved the Midnight Madness collection!  I thought I was making some fun cards, however, it wasn't until I added some Bling from Creative Impressions that my cards came alive!  Here they are:




The first card, a birthday card, started out like this:


It's still a nice card, but after some adding some Creative Impressions bling, it turned into this:




I started off by wrapping some 1 1/2" Teal Blue Crepe Ribbon around the card panel.  I then added some Orange Velvet Shimmer Ribbon over the top in the center - so far, so good!  I had previously cut out one of the beautiful ladies, so now I adhered her over and below one of the paper panels and slightly over the ribbon as well.  She still wasn't "blinged out" enough, so I added more CI embellishments.


I poked three small holes through the paper next to the lady and added three Magenta Mini Metallic Rounds (brads).  Bright Orange Flower Bling was then added over the orange flowers in the paper as well as a flower created with a Magenta Heritage Blossom and an Iridescent Tropical Yellow Blossom.  A Teal Mini Round was used to attach the Blossoms together.  Unfortunately I didn't get a close-up of the White pearls that adorn the centers of some of the small flowers in the paper.


Of course the word "Beautiful" is from the gorgeous Midnight Madness paper, but I wanted the card to be a Birthday card, so I computer generated the words "Happy" and Birthday and added them above and below the world "Beautiful".

I t think this second card will be a wedding card.  Here is the "before" picture:


Again, it is a lovely card.  However, here is it with some Creative Impressions Bling:


This time I used the gorgeous Orange 3/4" Crepe ribbon.  Doesn't it add a ton to this card?    As you can see I tied a bow to the right edge of the center panel and finished it off with a purple Bright Circle Bling.  I again added those fabulous Bright Orange Flower Bling to the center of the flowers (I cut out and added a third flower to the bottom of the card).  White Pearls were also added and the whole thing was finished off with some Purple Flower Bling in the man's robe.



Finally, the last card is actually a Pocket Gift card that opens to reveal a gift card and a sentiment.  Here is the front of the pocket card:


Again, this paper is gorgeous by itself.  However, the addition of Creative Impressions Blossoms and a Glimmer Round to create the flower really make this piece pop!

I hope you have enjoyed these cards and will give these a try yourself!  Not hard with Creative Impressions products!

Susan

2 comments :

  1. So pretty ! Yep ... I'm a purple girl too and love bling ! Midnight Masquerade colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete