Friday, September 22, 2017

Happy Fall Y'All!

Sorry, I couldn't resist using a Texan's term for "You All" for my latest blog entry! I love it!

I have been playing with paper scraps and Creative Impressions embellishments and came up with 4 more cards (check out Creative Impressions Facebook page for other cards) that I would like to share with you today on the first day of Fall:



 I really love Creative Impressions Fall Leaf brads (Oak and Maple leaves) and couldn't wait to create some cards with them.  I had multiple scraps leftover from Graphic 45's Time to Flourish collection as well as some Paper Studio Autumn paper, so I laid out what I had and hoped inspiration would come!  I am pretty happy with the results!

I created some similar cards this past February for a Valentine's theme using Creative Impressions embellishments and decided to use the same format more or less for my Autumn theme.  Here are some of the individual cards:


I had some pretty odd shaped scraps, but I think they all ended up working well together.  This card was made entirely from the G45 Time to Flourish paper.  I wish I had taken a "before" photo, but I'm sure you can imagine what this card looked like before I added the wonderful Maple leaf brads and Dark Brown Baker's Twine.  I think it stands out much better after the addition of the brads, don't you?

Here is another card using a combination of G45 and Paper Studio papers, but this time I used the Oak Leaf brads.



Finally, here are two more cards with a Paper Studio autumn paper in the background and small G45 panels in the front:



I stamped an elk image (Art Impressions) onto two G45 panels, adhered them to a brown panel, wrapped CI Light Brown Baker's Twine around two edges and added 3 Oak Leaf brads to finish the card.


For this card I again used two G45 paper panel and added both some Oak Leaf and Maple Leaf brads to each panel.  I also added some Creative Impressions Baker's Twine on two sides of the card as well as a leaf from the Fall Leaves Felt Assortment with an Oak leaf over the top.

I hope you will stop and take a look at the papers in your scrap bin and have fun creating some new cards or Mixed Media project.  Don't forget to look through your stash of Creative Impressions embellishments to add a cool touch and make those cards "pop"!

Susan


No comments :

Post a Comment