Tuesday, November 14, 2017

"Thank Heavens for Little Girls!" (and Creative Impressions Buttons)

Hi Everyone!  I'm back from California where I was looking after my parents and back to blogging!

My husband and I have lots of little girls in the family and more are on their way!  One niece had a baby in July, another is due in three weeks and one is due in March of 2018!  Two neighbors are also having girls!  As you can imagine, I needed LOTS of baby girl cards. It was fun to finally sit down and create with some pretty cards using mostly Bo Bunny paper and fabulous Creative Impressions Embellishments, especially the new Buttons!


I have incorporated buttons into all the cards.  It was so easy as Creative Impressions has such a wide variety of fabulous button colors.  All I had to do was find a color to coordinate with my paper!  For this first card, I chose a large light pink button and two of the smallest Dark Umber Brown buttons.

l
I also used some Creative Impressions 1/2" Dot Pink with Cream Ribbon, layering  a 1/4" Single Stitched ribbon on top of the wider piece.  I then cut a piece of the "Cute as a Button" Twill Expressions and adhered it in the center of the previous layered ribbon.  Two small Dark Umber Brown Buttons were added on either side of the Twill.

I have had the darling little girl stamp for quite a while.  I wanted to see what it would look like to replace the balloon she was holding with a button - cuteness overload!  Love it!  One card finished!

Next I used some Bo Bunny patterned paper I had in my stash and again matched buttons to go with the paper.  For this card I stamped the baby's image in the center of a cut-out panel.  I colored the image with pencils and adhered the panel onto a piece of darker paper, then to a pink panel and finally white card stock.  Creative Impressions Soft Pink Mini Rick Rack looks so cute on the side edge of the card along with three Brown Buttons with bows made from CI Soft Pink/White Baker's Twine.  I like to make bows showing from the back of the buttons so that you can see the pretty colors of the buttons better.
I adhered a piece of "Cute As A Button" twill onto the paper panel and finally created a small bow from the Mini Rick Rack and adhered another Dark Umber Brown Button with a thin jute bow on the top.


I used the same stamped image on another paper panel from the same collection, colored it with pencils, added a piece of the Cute As a Button" Twill diagonally along the top and then a Mini Pink Button was placed at the bottom as the center of a flower.



Finally, I stamped a wonderful baby sentiment inside one last paper panel as well as a bear image on a scrap piece of white card stock.  This was super simple to make as I made some bows from Creative Impressions 1/8" Organdy Cream Ribbon with the loops to the back of the buttons and adhered the buttons to the "Roses" in the paper to act as flower centers.  I cut out the stamped bear and added it to the panel using foam tape.  Finally, I glued a Small Pink Button to the center of the bear.


I hope you like these sweet Baby Girl cards and make some of your own.  Even though the paper itself is pretty, these cards really come to life with some Creative Impressions Embellishments, especially those wonderful Buttons!

Susan

No comments :

Post a Comment