Thursday, October 27, 2022

Pieced Halloween Cards!

 Well, it has been WAY too long since I have posted on my own blog, so I think the time has come!  One of my favorite things to do is to piece together fussy cut paper images and create something new with them!  I did this with Sunflower cards in August on the Creative Impressions blog and now I am doing it with October and Halloween images from Graphic 45's  Time to Flourish Paper line.

I didn't need to do too much to this card.  I adhered the panel with the sweet girl onto a white card and added a piece of background paper to the top, hiding the seam with some Creative Impressions Gingham ribbon.  I fussy cut the flowers and postage stamp and adhered them to the lower panel and added the "all Hallow's Eve" piece to the top of the card.

This card was another one I created with a leftover design panel adhered to a piece of background paper and to a black mat.    I added black with orange double stitch ribbon to the top and bottom of the piece and then added a sentiment strip from the paper to the center of the ribbon at the top and bottom.  The final touch was to wrap purple and white baker's twine to the top of the car panel, tie a knot and add an orange round to the center.
This card had a great deal of piecing.  As you can see, I have two background papers added to a black cardstock mat.  I then created a fussy cut collage on a portion of a panel and adhered the panel to the background paper.  I added a piece of orange rick rack and a thin piece of purple organdy ribbon to the left side of the card and adhered the panel to a white card,

This card is basically the patterned paper for the background with fussy cut images adhered over the top. I used trim from another piece of the paper for the top and bottom of the card.,

I think this next card is one of my favorites.  I used the reverse of a patterned paper background from this collection and added it to a black cardstock mat.  Then I cut a panel from another background paper and collaged it to the purple background, adding parts of pumpkins to the back of the panel along with a few other fussy cut pieces.  To finish I wrapped some black and white baker's twine around the right and left side edges of the purple panel.  The whole piece was adhered to a white card.

This card was super easy.  All I did was adhere a paper panel to a black cardstock mat, added a strip from the paper to the top of the mat and finally wrapped a black and white piece of baker's twine between the two pieces.  I adhered the mat to a white card and it was done!

Here is another super simple card!  To a black cardstock panel I added two different pieces from the paper and wrapped a piece of orange and black gingham ribbon between the two.  I adhered to a white card and it was done!


Here is the final card I put together with the leftover patterned paper scraps.  I used one patterned paper for the background over a black cardstock mat.  Then I adhered a partial panel from the paper over to the left of the card.  Before adding the "Month of October" strip, I wrapped a piece of shimmery lavender ribbon along with purple and white baker's twice to the right side of the panel.  Then I added the top strip.  The mat was adhered to a white card.

Hope you have enjoyed these cards and see ways to use up your leftover paper scraps. As you can see, I managed to get quite a few new cards!  Happy Halloween!
Susan

No comments :

Post a Comment