I used one of Tim Holtz's vignette boxes for the scene. I used some Espresso and Hickory Smoke Distress paint to finish off the edges and dry-brushed a bit of Hickory Smoke over the box.
I added some color to the door using Distress inks and went around the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink. I didn't want to add a lot of color to the house as I wanted it to show for what it was - a simple house. I added a bit of color to Dad's clothes and body, the dog and some flowers at the base of the house from a second photo, even though they didn't show in the finished piece.
I took the part of the photo that was cut away and adhered it to the back of the box, knowing that the the cut-out part wouldn't show behind the screen door.
I folded the porch photo on the previously scored line and cut it to fit inside the box. I also attached the partial photo of the side of the house midway between the back of the box and the front porch. To secure it better, I created a pop-up box to place behind the house siding and adhered it to the back of the box and the photo. I did the same with the screen door to secure it better. The porch didn't fill up the area to the back bottom of the box, so I created another pop-up box to adhere to the bottom of the vignette box back, giving me room to place the pumpkins, straw and leaves. Then I used some doll house size pumpkins along with some acorns I found on one of my walks, straw and leaves I punched out of pattern paper and adhered them all to the scene.
Even though I have touches of color in my box, I wanted a bit more, so I added a silk leaf along with some more acorns and a pumpkin to the top of the box.
Now for the finishing touches. I stamped some Trick-or-Treating children onto a piece of scrap card stock, colored two of them and cut them out, adhering them to the front screen door. I also spelled out the word "D-A-D" with some small wooden blocks and adhered them. I then punched out a large circle from scrap card stock and added Brilliance Moonlight White pigment ink and some Hickory Smoke Distress ink to create my "moon". I folded the base of the circle and adhered the bottom section which was folded back to the top of the box. A punched witch was then added to the moon.
Here are some close-ups:
Hope you like my October art adventure piece. It was so much fun to create and, as always, I have wonderful memories of my family to look at incoprorated with my art.
I hope you will upload all your creations for this Creative Carte Blanche theme. Head on over to the main site here and you will find the link to upload your project photos at the bottom of the first post. Have fun and Happy Halloween. Let's see those "Witchy Women"!