We had so much fun working together in the past that we decided it would be a terrific idea to create an artistic blog- a place where artists of all skill levels could meet and come together as an international community and share new artistic adventures! Our group of "creative instigators" will lead you with a monthly "prompt".
This month's prompt is "Anything Goes!" However, we would like you to try a new technique that you haven't attempted before or use a product new to you to create your artistic piece.
Without further ado, here is the piece I created:
I used techniques that I have been wanting to try but was too nervous to actually do! This month's prompt encouraged me to try it. I started with a canvas that I prepped with DecoArt white gesso. I was also determined to use paper scraps that I had been saving forever. This is how it started out:
I attached all the paper scraps with DecoArt matte medium. After I questioned my sanity in undertaking such a project, I gave myself a pep talk and kept going.
The two flowers from the stamp were stamped onto an extra piece of cream cardstock. I cleaned the stamp and then re-stamped the small flower onto cream card stock. I used Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber and Wilted Violet Distress inks to color the flowers.
After cutting out the flowers, I decided that they were too bright in comparison to my canvas, so I applied a bit of Picket Fence Distress Paint over the top of the flower with my finger. Better!
Using DecoArt matte medium, I affixed the cut out flowers to the flowers previously stamped onto the canvas.
To be completely honest, I didn't like this canvas at all! However, I decided not to give up - it just
needed something else, but what?
Ah, back to the paper scrap bin! These paper strips were already scalloped!
Now I needed some color added to the various pieces and, of course, some lovely butterflies from the small butterfly trio byYvonne Blair for Impression Obsession! I laid everything down loosely to see if I liked the composition.
Okay, now for the addition of Wilted Violet Distress Ink to the different pieces - the color did the trick!
The butterflies also had a touch of Picket Fence paint applied to them with my finger to tone down the colors and were affixed to the canvas. One more touched still needed...
The addition of a strip of orange-gold card stock behind the two scalloped paper strips made the piece come together and pop! I am happy! What a process - goes to show you not to give up on an art piece!
Hope you will feel brave and try something new as well! You won't regret it!